Sunday, December 1, 2013

Episode 59: Knit ALL the WIPs!

Off the Needles
Insulate! Hat for the HPKCHC troll's Chamber, and Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special (was able to see it in 3D!)

Teo Hat - did the pixie portion, then looped a doubled length of yarn to the bottom part of the earflaps to make a tassel braid.

On the Needles
Rosa Rubiginosa, and trying to work on my WIPs basket.

Spin Right Round
Started the Loop batt - spinning thin with a high twist so that I have a single ready for an n-ply.

Knitting Finds
Rachel Herron, author of the Cypress Hollow books is published a novella called Eliza's Home, which is a prequel to the series. It is about Eliza Carpenter, who is the book's version of Elizabeth Zimmerman.

There is an Indie Gogo campaign for a new fiber mill in California.

Wool People 6 by Brooklyn Tweed came out. I LOVE the sweater by Kyoko Nakayoshi.

Sarah from Knit York City rounded up a bunch of helpful links to donate to charities for knitters in connection to Typhoon Haiyan relief. The Aussie's grandparents and extended family still live in Manila, and thankfully they are alive and safe, but many people in the Tacloban area are not.

Knitting Travels
I went to Word in Greenpoint to hear Allie Brosh from Hyperbole and A Half read a selection from her new book. I thought I could knit there - but that's if I reserved my seat! The place was PACKED.

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special - worked on Slade in the dark. Yay I can knit and purl in the dark!

Events
Vogue Knitting LIVE! January 17-19. I will be there during the Marketplace preview and on Saturday for the most part, since I am not taking any classes or lectures.

Announcements
The QAL has been going on behind the scenes, and there are some awesome prizes. FO thread here.
The winner of the Downton Abbey Knits giveaway is lmecoll/Linda.
I am behind on going to post office and mailing out prizes - definitely this weekend!

Thanks for listening!
Closing Song: "Feel the Same Way" by Poema

Listen here, and subscribe here.

1 comment:

  1. Maria, thanks for posting your podcast to Stitcher! I found it this morning doing a search for knitting and listened while I was on the elliptical.

    You're a busy gal so I hope you can keep the updates coming. I'm glad you're voice is getting better. I'll be looking forward to checking out some of the books and the Ravelry group.

    Enjoy!
    Connie - Boise, Idaho

    ReplyDelete