Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Subway Knits Episode 56: Down the Rabbit Hole

Subway Knits is sponsored by Roman Hills: Pretty Nerdy, Pretty, Nerdy Yarn. Please show support by clicking on the link above.
Pom Pom is the knitting magazine for intelligent, creative types! Head to our website for an independent take on patterns, witty and interesting writing, great photography, and much more at pompommag.com.  
Subway Knits is also sponsored by Gynx Yarns, which offers a wide range of hand dyed colorways with new colorways added all the time. There are a variety of bases available, all of which are ethically sourced. Visit Gynx Yarns today to find the perfect yarn for your next project.

Off the Needles
The Cladonia is complete! I think this will go to my MIL for xmas. When I blocked the yarn I used a new Eucalan no-rinse wash called Wrapture, which is developed by Kristin Omdahl. The scent is a light Jasmine and while you can smell it, it's not overpowering. I really like Eucalan and usually use their Grapefruit scent when washing and blocking my handknits.
On the Needles
I am such a Camp Loopy fail for this month, but it was a great motivator to get the sweater done. Now I want to knit Narragansett which is what Jen from Commuter Knitter knit up for her Camp Loopy Project 2.

Sorting for HPKCHC is tomorrow and I plan to submit an OWL for Ancient Runes, Option 1 which is to knit something with colorwork, and I chose the Red Light Special for it.

I am also reorganizing my queue and trying to put some Christmas knitting on there - one of the tricks to the game is not knit for the classes but make the knitting fit the class by being creative and tell a story.

I am also going to submit projects for Detention - this is where you work on WIPs. I have 3 pairs of socks that must be finished before it gets too cold, and the Summer Flies shawl.

I also went back through my queue and added tags to everything - especially if the pattern is free, in my library or if I have to pay for it.

Reviews
The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits, published by Interweave Press, $14.99 (The hat I mentioned by Tiny Owl Knits is the Parseltongue Hat).
Ply Magazine, Summer 2013: The First Issue, $36 for a yearly subscription (4 issues)
Photo Source: Independent Stitch
Pins & Needles
I made two project bags, learned how to sew straight, and seriously fell down the rabbit hole of sewing. I'm going to Mood with my mom this week! Design*Sponge has really good tutorials for home sewing projects like curtains, pillows and a duvet cover.

Announcements
The latest edition of In the Conductor's Booth is a text based interview with Nadine Curtis of Be Sweet and there is a giveaway!

Thanks for listening!
Closing Song: "Feel the Same Way" by Poema

Listen here, and subscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment