Saturday, November 24, 2012

Episode 44: Luggage Set


Subway Knits is sponsored by Roman Hills: Pretty Nerdy, Pretty, Nerdy Yarn. Please show support by clicking on the link above.

Brit Knit Kit: Lace Edition, will be a traditional Knitting Club with four parcels shipping in December, February, May, and August. Each Kit will include yarn, patterns and knitting notions which we will try and source from within the U.K.
Each pattern will feature some aspect of LACE and be designed by one of our favourite British designers, each kit will include a limited edition yarn, hand-dyed in the U.K. and the knitting notions you will need to complete the project.
All the yarn will be sourced from within the U.K. hand-dyed by smaller yarn suppliers, not all the yarn will be lace-weight yarn. Colours will be a variety of semi-solids and variegated tones, inspired by the seasons. Think autumn foliage or English summer gardens.
The cost for this series is £120, including postage & packaging within the UK. For E.U. addresses add £15 for postage. For R.O.W. add £30.
Signups are open until the 30th Nov 2012.
Pom Pom is the knitting magazine for intelligent, creative types! Head to our website for an independent take on patterns, witty and interesting writing, great photography, and much more at pompommag.com.  

Off the Needles
Finished the BFF Cowl - Cocoon Link. Ugh. Never again.

On the Needles
Making some tardis themed coasters and tea cozy for my Odd Ducks Tea Swap partner. It's going to be my own design (!!!) but I am inpsired by the Bigger on the Inside shawl and this Tardis dishcloth since I don't have time to do colorwork or intarsia for the windows and "Police box" label. I even found a Dalek lace pattern.

Swatch & Learn
The knitting club at my school is up and running again and there is alot of really great turnout! 16 kids - mostly 7th graders, but I also have boys knitting and students from the 8th grade who I don't teach are asking to join too.

Reviews
The Aussie got me an iPad Mini for my birthday, and I am really excited about Newsstand because I can get the UK knitting magazines.

Shannon from Second Avenue Swag made me some project bags that is like a luggage set for my knitting out of some Japanese Heian inspired printed fabric that I had. Photos to come.

Events
BUST Craftacular is happening again next weekend in SoHo. Roman Hills will be there, and admission is only $3 as opposed to $20 back when it was with Maker Faire.

Vogue Knitting LIVE! I am attending Nicki Epstein's Knitting on Top of the World lecture and taking The Little Lopayesa class. I plan to powers shop with Shari of TV Knitting but would love to meet up also!

Announcements
The group has a new moderator, Laura/suddenexpression. Let's give her a warm welcome! She has definitely been a driving force in the BFF Cowl Swap chat thread, and if you have any questions for the Cowl Swap, QAL, extra group related questions and in the Downton Abbey Swap.

Signups for Downton Abbey swap will happen around December 16. It will NOT be a reciprocal swap, but a circular swap.

Also talk about the feature in NY Japion about knitting and the feature about the blog.

The 2nd Podiversary is coming up and there is a small giveaway! Just post a question you have for me or for the show or a comment and you will be entered to win a skein of my handspun.

There has been a lot of great feedback and support for the Hurricane Sandy fundraiser, and it has been extended to November 25. We also have prizes from Allison of Hollywood Knitter and Brooklyn Tweed. All details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment