I just really didn't have time to plan much. And I am saving it for when I turn 30.
On my old blog, I used to make these lists called "# before #" - essentially, 27 things to do before I turn 27, etc.
I have not been keeping up with it, so this is the birth year to get back on track. Some goals are obvious, some are boring, some are fun.
29 Before 29
1. Finish grad school.
2. Lose 5-10 pounds.
3. Start preparing my tenure portfolio.
4. Get another country's stamp in my passport.
5. Get my learner's permit. Hopefully my driver's license.
6. Finish 2-3 sweaters.
7. Finish 4 pairs of socks.
8. Read Anna Karenina and Les Miserables.
9. Run a 5K.
10. Yoga at least once a week.
11. Complete at least 5 DIY projects from my Pinterest board.
12. Develop my manicure skills - paint my nails at least once every other week.
13. Knit through 1/2 of the stash.
14. Finish projects from the deep end of the UFOs bin.
15. Learn how to take better photos.
16. Try some fun photography tutorials that I saved on pinterest.
17. Finish off the school year on a better note than last year.
18. Start the Japanese knitting online class.
19. Design a fair isle sweater.
20. Spin enough yarn for a rustic cardigan like the Levenwick Cardigan.
21. Hang out with my friends more.
22. Cook at least once a week, and so that it lasts for a few days (no more nightly takeout!). Log it on the blog.
23. Try something new that I have never done before.
24. Pay off 1/2 of my credit card.
25. Visit parts of NYC, Hudson Valley or LI that I haven't been to yet.
26. Spend a day at a LI winery.
27. Weekend in Vermont or Maine.
28. Save 10% of my paycheck each time.
29. Be happy.