Sunday, July 8, 2012

Episode 35: The Do-Over


On the Needles:
Mel and I headed back to Turks and Caicos this past week, for a much needed re-do of our vacation from last summer (in which we got hit by Hurricane Irene). I worked on the Rock Island on the beach, using metal Hiya Hiya needles which were much better for knitting on a hot day since my hands didn't stick.

Not so much knitting since there was a lot of reading: I finished  The Emperor of All Maladies, The Paris Wife, The Winter Palace and currently working on The Knife of Never Letting Go which is for the A Playful Day Read-Along.

Spin Right Round:
Working on my Into the Whirled Ritual, which is a Romney braid. Getting better at drafting and no wrist pain! Taking breaks, stretches, Icy Hot is helping a lot as is figuring out how to position my drafting hand (my left hand) such that I don't have a claw hand and that my fingers don't tense.

Knitting Finds:
Leftie by Martina Behm (of Hitchhiker fame)
Maxwell Cardigan by Amy Christoffers - edgy and classic
Classic Wooly Toppers by Wooly Wormhead 
Baah Yarn - currently based in Southern California and slowly expanding. Credit given to Lisa, who informed me about this yarn, love the color.

Knitting Travels:
Great eats: Mango Reef (best Conch Fritters), da Conch Shack, Coco Bistro, Somewhere Cafe, Hemingway's
Earrings by Sheila Ludington (based at Paradise Arts owned by Brenda Ludington). Also check out Anna's Art Gallery.
Toured the reef and Iguana Cay with Island Vibes Tours.

Closing Song: "Feel the Same Way" by Poema via Noise Trade

PS. Photos of our trip to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment