Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Episode 4: Hello, SweetGeorgia

 On the Needles:

Knitmore Girls Vanilla Socks: doing a 1x1 rib because I misread the pattern; freaked out about it on Twitter (I'm not following directions! No!) but people reassured me that it was ok. Doing a short row heel because I really don't like heel flaps and gussets. Using Koigu KPM in a bright red and a bright purple that I got from the sale bin at Purl SoHo - these are individual 50g skeins, so I am knitting the cuffs, heels and toes in the red and the calf and instep in the plum.

Saartje's Booties: I found one that I actually completed a long time ago in Jaeger Baby Superwash Merino in a blue/yellow that I got back in Japan; Mel's best friend just had another baby boy, so this will be part of the Baby Knitting Basket I'm putting together, complete with Wasabi Baby Hat and the Vintage Baby Cardigan by Kristin Spurkland. Going to finish the other one, and grab some buttons.

Off the Needles:

Hooray! FOs! My Secret Santa spoilee finally got her gift, so I can talk about them now. The final Secret   Project is still secret because I haven't given it to the recipient yet.

i carry ur heart mitts: done in Malabrigo Worsted in Moss. Finished in less than 24 hours and only took up half a skein.

Pug Tea Cozy: Made out of the extra white Patons yarn I had for the Sock Monkey (stashbusting!) and a friend was kind enough to make me the ears and pom-pom snout out of the black yarn since we were making things for pug owners. Both thought they were a gag hat before they realized they were tea cozies, but got a kick out of it.

Stashers Anonymous:

I have stash enhancements, but did not pay one cent for them:

Fresh from the Cauldron Van Helsing on MCN Sock - final installment of the Vampire Sock Club which was paid for back in May.
Diaepoca Yarn in a Deep Coral Color - part of a birthday gift from my best friend from grad school who also studies Japan. It came wrapped furoshiki style in a gorgeous fabric with classical Japanese prints on it, which a friend of mine will turn into a project bag because I can't sew.
2 Skeins of Shepherd's Wool from Stonehedge Fiber Mill in Michigan in Granite - part of my Secret Santa package that I recieved, milled in Michigan. Going to use these to make the Grove Mittens and the Laurel hat from Jared Flood's made in brooklyn.

Knitting Finds: 

New KnitScene Winter/Spring 2011: Love the "Don't Steek Me" section (particularly the Kenning Mitts,     Mette-Marit Pullover, and the Setsedal Love Hat), Bahia ShawlMercury Cowl and the Chiton Pullover. But the question is - do you like the heels/socks combo of the Bas-Relief Socks? Debate!

Interview:

Felicia Lo of SweetGeorgia was in town for Vogue Knitting Live and for a talk at Knitty City and was awesome enough to let me speak with her about dyeing, SweetGeorgia and her favorites regarding knitting in my first ever interview!

Events: 

Wrap Up of Felicia Lo at Knitty City, in which I run into some listeners of the podcast and Abby from Knit Knit Cafe!
Me and Felicia. I am wearing my Akimbo by Stephen West 
done in SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Stillwater. 

Me and Abby from the Knit Knit Cafe podcast

Closing Song: "Age of Consent" by New Order from the Marie Antoinette Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment